Sunday, January 11, 2015

Valentine's Day card marathon!

Today, I needed to craft.... So I did!  After having taken the week to get back into the swing of school and mark to be ready for report cards, I really felt a void when I didn't go into my craft room this week.  I had started some of these cards already so by no means did I start and finish all of these today but I had a spark of creativity and was able to finish them!

Lately I've noticed lots of people using chipboard or thicker lettering in their cards.  Since I bought them to scrapbook and haven't used them yet (and wanting to use up what I have before I buy new stuff) I decided to use them on my cards!  Not bad!
The following couple of cards were from a template that I scrap lifted from Kristie who does cards with a whole pack of 6x6 cardstock!  While I love that idea, I did not have 6x6 valentines card stock nor was I going out to buy some so I used whatever 12x12 paper I could find and made some cards.  I want to use all of the templates on her blog but focused on the one today.  I still have a lot of paper left so hopefully I will get to doing the rest later on this week! What do you think? I love how they work together!

I am just in love with the #hasmyheart sign!  Its from a Heidi Swapp stampset and it is fitting for how people are talking nowadays! I also worked a bit with my new Spectrum Noir markers!
The wink of Stella black wand is what I used on the heart. You might not be able to see it, but it is glittery to add a little something something!  I need to get my hands on the clear Wink of Stella but it seems to always be sold out!



These ones were inspired by K Werner designs video where she works with nail polish on the card stock and makes cards with them!  Since I now use gel nail polish, I have lots of regular nail polish I no longer use.  This way I can make pretty things and use up what I don't need!
Since I am a teacher, I like to make little cards for my students.  If you are a teacher or boss and need to make a bunch of cards for any occasion, just send me a conversation on Etsy and I can make them for you! These are 3x3 cards with various stamps and embellishments.
Hope you enjoyed my cards! I enjoyed making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment