Saturday, April 14, 2012

Scrapfest in spirit...

This weekend is the annual Scrapfest in Kitchener Ontario and I have been for the last 2 years and have had a ball! This year I was a bit all over the place as I've just purchased my first house (yay!) and I was contemplating going on a conference with my mom to Washington this weekend so needless to say I waited too long to get into the festival.  What I love about it, is that you bring everything you can think of with you and you spend 2 full days making pages, cards etc.  There are soo many people around you to get ideas from and of course we all love contests!!!

Moving along, since I am home alone and bored of packing (I move in 2 weeks!!!), I decided to make a card which then turned into 3 cards!  I was excited to use my new paper pack from My Minds Eye called Magnolia.  It has some really nice bright coloured papers to use and match together!

I always think its interesting when other sites post a side view and I can only guess that it is to see the different dimensions, so I tried it this time to have fun with my camera because my photos aren't always the best to show off my cards (I blame it on the fact that I packed my nice camera soo early that it has been stored in the basement under boxes for about 3 months now!

Anyway enough of me rambling on, here are my cards for the day:

All three cards were made with:
My Minds Eye paper pack 'Magnolia'
Brown ribbon from Michaels
Brads and flowers were from Dollarama
Eyelets are Making Memories
The thinking of you stamp is Inkadoo
the two other stamps are from the dollar fifty bin at Michaels

Hope you enjoy them!


I almost think this card needs something more but am unsure what yet.  Any ideas would greatly be appreciated!





I made this card with mothers day in mind for the My pink stamper blog hop.  I don't have any of you stamps as of yet so sorry Robyn!  I chose gratitude because thats essentially what mothers day is all about, thanking your mother for all that she has done for you!



2 comments:

  1. What a great card, the flower in the center looks so nice! Thanks for joining the My Pink Stamper Pinkalicous Blog Hop this month!!

    ReplyDelete