Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Easter time equals some time off to spend with the family and craft! Today I spent a bit of time making 2 cards with my latest DCWV paper pack (Lilac).  I like this pack as it is versatile and you can easily make mens cards with them (we all know how hard it is not to girlie up mens cards)!

 For this card, I punched out squares (I think 1 inch) from various pages from the pack and aligned them as you see on the card.  I have seen soo many youtube videos about the ATG gun so I bought one recently and tried it for the very first time!  The ribbon was from Michaels and I just glued it onto the card.  The stamp saying "thoughts of you" was in the $1.50 stamp pile by the check out at Michaels.  I really like the way it tuned out!


This hello card was using the same paper pack but the squares were punched out at 2 inches each and glued onto the card.  I had some leftover pieces from the previous card so I used it as a strip above the squares.  With beige cardstock, I stamped the line stamp which I got at Michaels (can you tell where I shop?) but I had a hard time getting the middle to ink up or stamp down no matter how hard I pressed.  I decided to stamp a purple Hello onto my card (1.50 stamp bin at Michaels) and used pop dots to make it dimensional.  The Hello looked sort of plain, so I added some embossing powder from Zing (metallic purple).  I love Zing powders as they are amazing to work with and always give great results!

Hope you enjoyed seeing my cards and please feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment