Sunday, August 24, 2014

Inspired by Brandy!

So tonight my dad left. He was visiting from Ohio for the week and helping me around the house with handyman things.  I didn't know what to do with myself and was still not ready to get started on school stuff (it's coming soo soon!!!).

Anyway, I went online to look for Halloween cards because I have a lot os sentiments cut out from the circuit that I wanted to use up.  Well.... you know how we get when we go on youtube...... You start clicking video after video and end up with something totally different than what we were looking for.  That happened to me today and I came across Brandyscards.com where Brandy shows you how to do 10 cards in 20 minutes.  This intrigued me as I am trying to get out some cards on etsy to get a fair amount out of the way once school starts (and hopefully gain some more income!).

Brandy is a stamping up demonstrator so I did the same idea but with Close to my heart stamps.


What I did was use 4.25 by 5.5 black card stock as the background.  The white cardstock was roughly 8 by 5.25 which I folded in half for the card.
I cut the following scallops from my circuit and alternated paper
2 3/8, 1 3/4, 1 1/4, 7/8.  On the white cardstock, I stamped the "Cricut bundle sweet and lovely" and "Art Philosophy seasons stamp set". Both came with the circuit cartridges and can not be purchased by themselves.  I stamped them in black ink and layered them with foam dots.
I stamped the "thank you" sentiment which I love and not from CTMH.
Lastly, I took scrap white paper and stamped the same stamp on it to create the "ribbon" effect on the side of the card.  I topped the middle with a crystal and Voila!
I think they are super cute and love how I can assemble them in no time!  Thanks #brandyscards for your idea!

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment