Sunday, March 2, 2014

All bran buds bran muffins!

I've decided that I need to eat better and with that I decided to make bran muffins to increase my fibre while also using up my all bran cereal which I keep for company and is expiring soon. I looked all over and found this recipe from the All Bran Site. Yummy! Hope they taste as good as they smell!!

All Bran Muffins

INGREDIENTS
1 1/3 cups or 325 mlAll-purpose flour 
1/2 cup or 125 mlSugar 
1 tbsp or 15 mlBaking powder 
1/4 tsp or 1 mlSalt 
1 1/2 cups or 375 mlAll-Bran Original* cereal 
-OR- 
All-Bran Buds* cereal 
1 cup or 250 mlMilk 
1Egg 
1/3 cup or 75 mlvegetable oil 






DIRECTIONS

1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

2. In large mixing bowl, combine cereal and milk . Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion batter evenly into twelve greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups coated with cooking spray.

4. Bake in oven at 200°C (400°F) for about 20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown. Serve warm.


Do you have a great recipie for bran muffins? What do you add to them to add flavour?

No comments:

Post a Comment