Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Meet the Teacher Blogger

My name is Ashley and for those of you stopping by, I am not a new blogger but because school gets super busy, this is the first thing to not update.  My goal is to do more and gain some more blogger friends from all over to chat with etc.  
As the topic of my blogs, I love to craft.  I never just do one thing. I constantly think of new ideas or see other ideas that I want to try.  I go out and buy the materials but never have the time (or maybe I'm scared to fail!) Needless to say, I am trying to use materials that I already have and come up with my own ideas.  
I live in Newmarket, Ontario.  It is about 40 minutes from Toronto on the highway.  I love going downtown for the hustle and bustle but also the lights and signs.  Something about a busy street makes me happy.  I love love the Blue Jays.  They are my team.  I also play softball usually 2-3 a week in the summer and volleyball in the winter.  
I have been teaching for 4 years and before that, I taught abroad for another 2. It was my most favourite experience and if I got paid more, I would have stayed for sure!



 THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

Crafting, Home decor DIY, Big Brother, Pizza, Reese's products (especially the Oh Henry one), photos, cards, cricut, Pretty anchor charts, organization, shopping, fleur de lis, Anything Paris related, Close to my heart, stamping, purple coloured things, baseball, Blue Jays, JP Arencibia


 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
If I weren't a teacher, I would probably focus 100% on my crafting and DIY furniture making and decorating.  I always wanted to work at the UN so that was always my dream until I didn't take the right courses and fell in love with the French language.

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
Social.  Driven. Deal finder 

 
FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

"I can't wait to have maximum capacity of students in my class, said no teacher ever!"
 

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING? 

Channing Tatum... just to look at. Angelina Jolie to have an in-depth conversation with and Adam Sandler to provide the humour!

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE? 

Crafty's Ashley's Nifty Life... this was difficult...

 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT? 
  
I would love to freeze time so that I can do things and still have enough time to accomplish others.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING? 

 Apparently I use a lot of expressions my students tell me.  They have made a list but it is too long to mention. 

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 

 "Breakfree" by Ariana Grande (I've practiced a lot!)

 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

Night owl for sure! I can't function in the mornings (and I don't even drink coffee!) I do my best thinking at night before bed!

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP? 

 I don't use TPT but my favourite cards that I have created are my Canadian Thank You cards.  




Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! 
My house colours have all variations of grey in them.  I love grey, its becoming one of my new favourite colours or shades.  



No comments:

Post a Comment