Wednesday, July 23, 2014

New card Wednesday!

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I was on an embossing fix and made all my cards below with embossing powders.  I was a frugal scrapbooker when I first started so I bought whatever was on sale.  Now that I have been doing it for a while, I like what I like.  Problem is, I have soooooo much stuff that I want to "get rid" of.... Of course I don't want to throw them out or give them away so I am using it! Come to think of it.. I can just use up the stamps and the embossing powders are awesome and take hardly any at all.  Oh well.. Im using the card stock! yes.. Ill go with that!

I am pretty pleased with this batch of New Card Wednesday to share with you (brace yourself, there are 5 of them!)
 For this card, I had an acrylic stamp of a flower (not sure from who or where).  I first stamped it with my versa mark pad three times around the card.  I then put the silver embossing powder on and heat set the three flowers.  I then repeated the same step with clear embossing powder which I got off of ebay and has glitter in it.  To be honest, I think this was someones mishmash of left over powders but I was a naive crafter and it doesn't look too bad! Lastly, I inked my flower with what was pigment chalk ink in a purple colour.  To my surprise, there is no such thing! The embossing powder did not stick to it but that was ok because it left a beautiful colour!  I trimmed the edges to be a little less than 4x6 inches, used a blue mini stamp pad to run over the edges and then glued it onto the grey card base.  Oh I cannot forget the "Happy Birthday" This was a stamp that I inherited from my friend Emily's lot (she's moving to Kuwait) :(  and I just stamped it with my moment black stamp pad.

 This one, I chalked up the edges with a blu mini stamp pad and then stamped my Ditto circles stamp at the bottom.  I just love love this stamp soo much! Oh I stamped it with the versa mark pad and then put black embossing powder over it.  Its got a little bit of a sparkle too! Lastly, I stamped the "thank you" sentiment and poured some Zinc sparkly blue embossing powder on it and glued it on a black card base.

 The next two are my new favs! Actually I did not use embossing powder at all.  I got new stencils from Scrapbook Steals and I wanted to play with my new spray inks.  I played with Heidi Swapp's peach and recollections purple shimmer and the chevron stencil over white card stock and let it dry.  I then stamped the same "thank you" as above with black ink. and mounted it on purple and grey card stock (I made two cards).  They are both very similar but one is more purple while the other is more peach.  I love the shimmer they both give!!!


 After watching a youtube video on mixing distressed inks (not my initial reason for you tubing but ended up falling on this video), I decided to use a mask that I had already cut out and was in my scrap paper section.  I taped the mask and rubbed some Tumbled glass, shabby shutters and dusty concord distressed inks on my paper.  After taking off the mask, I stamped the flowers twice (not sure of where or when I bought them) and glued some excess ribbon that I had found laying around.  I stamped the thank you on a separate piece of paper,  embossed it with this chunky black embossing powder which has specs of gold in it and then attached it with 3d foam stickers.  I really like it!

 This card, I embossed three different images with different coloured inks and clear embossing powder.  I also stamped a different Thank you on that I had.


No comments:

Post a Comment