Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mothers Day Topiary

It has been almost a month since my last post and I acknowledge it.  So much has been happening and I haven't had any time to do what I love.  Not only that, but I've moved and so my craft things are piled in the basement waiting for my desk to be put together so that I can find a home for everything. 
I saw this craft a while back and have been wanting to do it for mothers day.  I started before the move and thank god, I finished it in time to give it to my mom yesterday! I saw the original post through scrapbook etc but for the life of me, I cannot find the link now.  
 As you can see, I have virtually no furniture in the background of my new place, but at least the walls have been painted!! I bought everything from Michaels as we don't have any other craft stores in Ontario that I know of.


 I took a Styrofoam piece and stuck the wooden dowel rod into it to keep it standing.  I also put fake grass around it to stay steady.  I found this fake dare I say Golf grass on the top to give it a finished look!
The top are circles cut into spirals which are then wrapped tights together and then loosened to give a natural flower look!  They are all hot glued to the Styrofoam ball.

What'd you do for Mother's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment